Site Supervisor / Head Gardener – Ditton Park, Slough
We have an opportunity for a Site Supervisor / Head Gardener to manage our team based at the grounds of Ditton Park which lies to the south-east of Slough in the hamlet of Ditton. The estate covers about 80 hectares and is designed in the English Landscape style. A key feature is its centuries-old moat which extends to most of the adjoining lawns and garden. Park areas extend to the north and west of the moat.
This is a ‘hands-on’ Site Supervisor / Head Gardener role undertaking maintenance duties primarily on the Grade two listed manor House gardens and surrounds. You will effectively supervise your team on a daily basis, ensuring that the requirements of the client and the specification are fully met for the enjoyment, recreation and safety of the site, employees and visitors. You will also provide support to the Office Park Team leader as and when required
In return we offer:
- Permanent Position
- Salary: £24,000 - £26,000/annum
- Regular training
- Career progression within National Company
- Annual Pay review
- Recognition scheme
Skills and experiences:
- Passionate about the environment with a keen eye for detail.
- NVQ or Diploma Level 2 Horticulture / Landscaping (or equivalent)
- In the absence of a formal qualification at least five years Industry experience with a proven track record of managing a team
- Spraying Certificates – NPTC PA1 &PA6 preferable, but not required
- Minimum 4 years’ experience of Corporate and/or Local Authority Grounds Maintenance
- Practical use of a range of mowers and tractors is an advantage
- Experience of supervising teams of staff essential
- Driving licence essential
To apply, please complete the ‘Apply on-line today’ section and attach an up to date CV.
Nurture Landscapes is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications without a CV will not be considered