Machinery Operator – Ditton Park, Slough
We are seeking an experienced Machinery Operator to work as part of a team on the grounds of Ditton Park which lies to the south-east of Slough in the hamlet of Ditton. The estate covers about 80 hectares and is designed in the English Landscape style. A key feature is its centuries-old moat which extends to most of the adjoining lawns and garden. Park areas extend to the north and west of the moat.
As Machine Operator, you will carry out all duties of a Gardener, but additionally be principal tractor driver operating a range of ride on machinery and tractors to achieve a high standard of grass maintenance on the estate. You will also carry out regular checks of all machinery and arrange for all necessary servicing and repair needs to be communicated to line manager and Nurture workshop.
In return we offer:
- Permanent Position
- Salary: £22,000 - £24,000/annum
- Regular training
- Career progression within National Company
- Annual Pay review
- Recognition scheme
Skills and experiences:
- Experience in operating tractors up to 100HP including competent use of buckets and a range of PTO operated implements
- NVQ or Diploma Level 2 Horticulture / Landscaping (or equivalent)
- Spraying Certificates – NPTC PA1 &PA6 preferable, but not required
- Minimum 2 years’ industry experience preferably working on Business Park or prestige static sites
- Certification for competent use of a range of ride on mowers and tractors
- Driving licence essential
To apply, please complete the ‘Apply on-line today’ section specifying the role you are interested in and attach an up to date CV.
Nurture Landscapes is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications without a CV will not be considered