Landscape Gardener/Grounds Maintenance Operative – Kings Cross Estate, London
Job Code: SC-G-L
We are looking to recruit an experienced Landscape Gardener/Grounds Maintenance Operative to join our team based at Kings Cross Estate, London. This is an ideal opportunity for someone who is looking to develop a career within the Landscaping sector.
This is a ‘hands-on’ Landscape Gardener/Grounds Maintenance Operative role working primarily within the estate. You will work as part of a team to ensure that the site is maintained to the highest possible standards in accordance with the contract and good horticulture practice for the enjoyment, recreation and safety of site employees and visitors. You must be able to demonstrate an interest in horticultural together with some horticultural skills and experience – ideally from within a similar environment.
We are looking for someone who can bring some or all of the following skills:
We are looking for reliable, energetic and enthusiastic individuals with a determined, flexible and “can-do” attitude to complement our existing teams. You should have a good eye for detail and have excellent communication skills.
- Minimum of 1 year experience of Corporate and/or Local Authority Grounds Maintenance
- Previous experience of bedding out, pruning and lawn edging
- Practical use of ride on mowers, hedge trimmers, strimmer’s
- NVQ or Diploma Level 2 Horticulture / Landscaping (or equivalent)
- Spraying Certificates – NPTC PA1 &PA6 preferable, but not required
- Valid Driving Licence preferably with legal and practical ability to use a trailer is required
In return we offer:
- Permanent position
- 20 days holiday (Plus 8 Bank Holidays)
- Employee contribution pension scheme
- Regular Training
- Annual Pay review
- Career progression within National Company
- Salary: circa £23k/annum
Applications without a CV will not be considered