Apprentice Gardener – Farnborough Business Park, Farnborough
Job Code: JB-AG-FBP
We are looking to immediately employ an Apprentice Gardener to become part of an existing award-winning team to help maintaining the grounds of the prestigious Farnborough Business Park, set in mature landscaped grounds.
As an Apprentice Gardener, you will assist the Gardeners/Grounds Maintenance Operatives in ensuring that the site is maintained to the highest possible standards in accordance with good horticulture practice for the enjoyment, recreation and safety of site employees and visitors. Some of your responsibilities will be pruning shrubs, applying nutrients to plants and maintaining moisture levels, cleaning and maintaining tools and equipment once qualified and maintaining high levels of presentation in open areas and around buildings.
Required Skills & Experience
The successful candidate will possess some or all the following skills:
- Educational Certificates to demonstrate a good standard of numeracy and English grammar
- Effective oral and written communication skills necessary to meet the duties of the post
- A real interest in working in a park or landscape environment
- Ability to work outside in all weather conditions – sunshine or rain
- Ability to develop new skills in horticulture and a willingness to learn about plants and landscaping
- Aptitude to communicate effectively with colleagues and members of the public
- Ability to establish and sustain good working relationship within a team environment
- Driving Licence preferred.
In return we offer:
- Permanent position
- 20 days holiday (Plus 8 Bank Holidays)
- Employee contribution pension scheme
- Regular Training
- Annual Pay review
- Career progression within National Company
- Salary: £6.45 – 7.50/hour.
To apply, please complete the ‘Apply on-line today’ section and attach an up to date CV.
Nurture Landscapes Ltd is an equal opportunities employer.
Applications without a CV will not be considered