Accidents increase in winter as freezing conditions make car parks, pathways and entrances more dangerous. Are you protected?
What’s your winter maintenance policy? Allow Nurture to manage your winter maintenance policy and make it one less worry during the winter months.
Questions to ask yourself:-
- How and when you will grit your car parks, pathways, entrances, fire escapes and any other access area which might pose a risk?
- Who will undertake your gritting for you – will you do it yourself in-house or engage a gritting contractor?
- How will you – or your gritting contractor – decide when to grit and when not to?
- Do you or your gritting contractor have a full road surface temperature forecast to work to?
- How will your gritting contractor notify you a) when they are going to grit and b) that they have successfully completed the work?
- Do you have full back up in the event of a claim?
- If your gritting contractor manages the site, do you have the ability to stop the gritting if you feel there is enough salt down from previous visits?
- If you are going to grit yourself, or want extra emergency cover, where will the salt bins be situated and how will they be refilled?
- In extreme weather conditions can you get additional visits organised quickly without incurring additional costs over and above your standard charge?
- Are your liability controls covered?
- Detailed Forecast Analysis
Accurate forecasting and risk management: unfortunately weather forecasters don’t have a great reputation, but the forecasts on TV/Radio/Internet are trying to give a quick forecast to generic areas of the country.
If you’ve ever driven for twenty minutes and found the weather completely different then you’ll understand why this can’t work for us!
We partner with the Met Office to provide us with a highly professional, accurate and most importantly, very local weather forecasts to make sure we know exactly what’s going to happen for your business, so our systems can accurately understand whether or not to activate service for that night.
That protects your business because we don’t miss you out when it’s icy – and it protects your budget because we don’t grit when it isn’t.
Our Ice Master system enables us to take the worry out of whether or not to grit especially as most web based forecasts state air temperature and not road surface temperature where the ice hazard forms. The Ice Master system automatically receives the daily forecast directly from the Met Office. This approach allows our clients to focus on their core business and not just the weather.
- Flexible Call Out System
Gritting that suits your business: either on a fixed seasonal contract or on a pay per visit contract.
Not only that, but you can easily opt-out of visits using the Ice Master we portal or mobile app: if there’s still plenty of grit on the ground from previous visits or your site will be closed for a special reason then we’ll neither visit nor charge you that night.
We’ll also help you to plan what’s best for your business: for example, if you are open on the weekend but traditionally have fewer visitors then we might suggest gritting only the main trunking roads and a reduced parking area and pass those savings on to you.
On the other hand, if it’s a particularly busy time for you then it may be advisable to have extra grit-supplies kept on-site in case of emergencies.
We want you to control what we do and we’ll control the delivery of it, confident that your business is going to be safe – whatever the weather.
- Our Own Local Operatives
We’re the right people for the job: we’re a national company, and we’re proud of that. The size and reach lets us invest in better equipment, better systems and better supplies.
But there’s something about being local too: local people know the area, they’ll get to know your business and your site to make sure you get the best possible service.
It means the best possible gritting service for your business – and that’s exactly what Nurture’s gritting is all about.
- Your Own Management Portal
Developed by Clockwork IT and with busy Facilities Managers in mind, we now have Nurture’s Ice Master system customer portal where you can log on and get an instant picture on planned activity, financial & budget reports as well as archived weather. Not only do you have a web portal access, you also have access to our brand new for 2017 smartphone app. This app allows instant access to all daily activated site/s for service in your portfolio.
- Raised/Mezzanine Car Park
As a strategic partner of and in conjunction with the Met Office, Nurture has studied the various conditions in which ice forms; as a result of this research we are one of the only gritting companies that can accurately predict freeze conditions on raised or mezzanine car parks.
There are often situations where the general weather forecast will predict no risk of ice; however a raised or mezzanine car park may be at significant risk from air temperatures due to it being suspended above the ground, hence having a lower heatsink than a normal ground car park which can remain ice and frost free. Therefore different algorithms and forecasts are required for these types of areas in order to provide an accurate prediction.
With this specific type of forecasting, we are able to provide a raised / mezzanine car park only service benefiting our clients by providing gritting to only the areas at risk.
PLEASE CALL 0845 680 2130 FOR FURTHER INFORMATION.
Our clients include